Sunday, February 12, 2012

Red Pepper Cream Pasta

This past Friday we went to Nemacolin Woodlands with my family for a weekend away for Winterfest - some skiing, a nice dinner, and enjoying the 14" of snow we got while we were up there! We got back really late Saturday night because of the condition of the roads, not giving me a whole lot of time for sleep.  After doing a Premier Designs Fashion Show today, I came home, set out a pound of ground meat, and was all ready to throw together hamburger helper... I know, I know... Hamburger Helper? Really? Well, I was tired... and we have a box that has been sitting here for awhile that I was hoping the husband would use at some point.  When he asked what was for dinner, and I said Hamburger Helper, he said... "I was hoping for something a little ... better".  Well, now I felt guilty! So back to the freezer the ground meat went, and to the refrigerator I went to see what I had that I could use to make something "better".  When I saw that I had both fat free sour cream AND a red pepper, I knew that I should make red pepper cream pasta!  If you like red peppers and creamy pastas, this is the pasta for you!

Servings: 4
WW PPV per serving: 12

Ingredients: 
- 12 oz box pasta (I used farfalle)
- 1 tsp. olive oil (I used grapeseed oil)
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 heaping tsp. minced garlic
- slightly less than 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- sprinkle of crushed red pepper (if you like spicy, if not, leave it out)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- a few shakes dried basil


Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet.  Add in peppers and garlic, and stir until coated with oil.  Sprinkle with cayenne pepper (and crushed red pepper, if using).  Saute until peppers are crisp-tender.  



Next, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to medium, and add in parmesan cheese.  Whisk constantly until melted.  If clumps form, increase heat and continue to whisk.  Once evenly melted, remove skillet from heat and mix in sour cream.  Mix until evenly combined.  Sprinkle with basil, and mix well.  Add in cooked pasta and combine.  Serve immediately.  ENJOY :-D



No comments:

Post a Comment