Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Spicy Chicken Pasta with Rose Sauce

Have you ever really wanted to go out to dinner instead of cook? Maybe its because you had a really busy day, and the last thing you feel like doing is standing in the kitchen for thirty minutes to throw something together.  Or maybe its because you have nothing defrosted (that is always my excuse)?  Well, today, I really wasn't that busy, and I had lots of fresh meats, so neither of those excuses were really cutting it.  I had this craving for Buca Di Beppo's, and decided we'd go out there for dinner so I could get their Spicy Chicken Rigatoni - its pretty delicious, I'm kind of obsessed.  So I went to text the hubby and see if that worked for him, only to hear his text noise upstairs... He left his phone at home.  Ugh.  So, I emailed AND facebooked him (yes, I *really* wanted this Spicy Chicken Rigatoni).  However, I guess most people actually work at work and not check their facebooks, so he never got my message.  I was bummed.  So I started checking out things I had pinned previously on Pinterest.  <Insert heavenly 'ahhhh' noise here>.  I had totally forgotten that I had pinned someone's knock of recipe of Spicy Chicken Rigatoni from Buca's!!! MY LUCKY DAY! Seriously... this made my week.  It was THAT good - and for the cost? Even better! This is my new favorite pasta recipe!  

(By the way, for you ladies that are busy and/or don't like making your own sauce, this is FANTASTIC! I typically prefer to make my own sauce, but honestly, with the combination of all of the flavors in this recipe, there really is no need to spend the time making your own marinara and alfredo!)

Here is my adaptation of Spicy Chicken Pasta with Rose Sauce (from Pinterest)

Ingredients: 
- 1 pound pasta (I used farfalle; original recipe uses rigatoni, obviously!)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I always use grapeseed oil)
- 1/2 Tbs. crushed red pepper flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you like things... I used a full Tbs but my husband said it was a bit too spicy for him)
- 1 heaping Tbs. minced garlic
- 6 to 8 oz. of sliced/cubed chicken (your preference of shape - I like cubed)
- 3/4 to 1 cup marinara sauce (I used a six-cheese marinara from Prego)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup alfredo sauce (I used Aldi brand)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 Tbs. margarine

Directions:
Cook pasta according to box directions.  Set aside.  

Meanwhile, heat oil over medium high heat.  Add crushed red pepper flakes and garlic, and cook until fragrant.  Don't allow garlic to burn!  Next, add in cubed chicken and toss until coated.  


Allow chicken to cook until almost fully cooked.  Next, add in the marinara sauce and alfredo sauce.  Bring to a boil, and allow to simmer until sauce is reduced by 1/4th, and chicken is not longer pink.  Remove the sauce and chicken from heat, and mix in the butter and peas until well incorporated.


Re-wet the pasta, allow to drain, and then add to sauce.  Toss until coated, and serve immediately.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment